I had the privilege to hangout with a couple of the other female leaders in the UQ group tonight, and I am truly blessed by each of them. Over the years of growing to be a leader, I have seen the importance of having other fellow leaders to walk alongside with. When I was a young leader (both in terms of chronological age and experience), I often felt that being a leader can be quite a lonely journey at times. I remembered when God first blessed me with Naomi, she was always such an encourager, and so was Caitlyn. Now with the UQ Sisterhood being such an intentional group in wanting to build and strengthen one another up, it just makes this journey such a joy just because you know that there are people praying and supporting you in whatever ways possible.
So tonight, we had a “pyjamas” party, where I was the only one who proudly walked in with my pyjamas Hahaha… but oh wells, we all had a good laugh together. It was fun just sharing life with each of them, getting to know some of them better as well. Then we all played a game where they was a large number of adjectives to describe people, and we all took turns to use a word to describe one another and explained why. When it was my turn, I was truly encouraged by each sisters who shared about me, especially after going through a tough couple of weeks. Some times, we when things get tough, we tend to forget what strengths God has given us, and we do need people to remind us from time to time. So I was really want to thank you guys! To some of you… it might just be words… but words are really powerful! And these are my words to you guys…
- QQ: Warm & friendly, you are just so easy to talk to.
- Su Yin: Joyfulness, there’s never a dull moment with you, you are so infectious with your laughter!
- Faith: Patience, seeing how you work with the kids in KFC, this trait is evident! I know you said you are growing… but hey, who isn’t continuously developing their gifting right?
- Rachel Tang: Faithful, serving together with you in KFC has shown that faithfulness in serving, being that helping hand wherever is needed.
- Wan Zhen: Loveable, good things always comes in small packages, but there’s something big that comes out of you just because you have someone much greater inside of you!
- Veon: Compassionate, when you speak truth into people’s lives, it is always done in love and compassion.
- Joyce: Approachable, I feel like I can always rock up to you and have a random conversation with you, your enthusiasm is just contagious, both of us often go crazy together.
- Adeline: Encourager, your heart for people always inspires and captivates me. Thanks for being such a listening ear too.
- Cintia: Creative, just from following you on instagram, your photos just shows me that you have an eye for things there are beautiful. I figured that you probably have the gift to see the good in things.
- Yen Mii: Genuine, every time you talk to someone, you really want to find out, you don’t do it for the sake of doing it.
- Angelene: Servanthood heart, every time I turn my head, I feel like I always see you doing something behind the scenes.
- Grace: Wisdom, when I have a conversation with you, I always feel like I can learn something from you, every word that comes out of your mouth seems well thought through, there’s just so much wisdom in your speech.
- Jasmine: Caring, your shepherd’s heart goes beyond what words can describe. For you is always people first, task second. Working under your leadership in ushering has definitely shown me that.
- Caitlyn: Nurturer, I feel like saying you are a spiritual mother to me, but it makes you sounds so old! But the guidance and protection you have given me over the years is truly appreciated. I have definitely learnt lots from you and your life.
I hope I didn’t miss anyone who were there tonight. Once again, thank you for sharing your life with me. I know all of you wanted to pick the clumsy card for me Hehe…